Letter to the editor: Cycilists’ usage on County Road 5 should be addressed
Cyclist use on County Road 5 should be addressed
To the editor:
Bicycle riders pose a danger on County Road 5. Bike lanes need to be made for them, or they need to find another route. As busy as that highway is, oncoming traffic must slow, go into the other lane. There will be an accident eventually, with the bikers being hurt the most.
Something has to be done. Also, remember, on four-lane highways, the left lane is made for passing. If you are moving slower than the right lane, get over into the right lane and let the faster traffic in the left.
This will ease much of the congestion on 24/40. Please get off your cell phones, quit putting make up on, no texting.
More like this story
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education