Excessive heat warning issued for several area counties
Today could be the hottest day of the year, the National Weather Service is reporting.
The NWS has issued an excessive heat warning until 8 p.m. today for several counties, including Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Douglas and Jefferson counties. The NWS is anticipating it to be the hottest day of the year.
Today’s forecast calls for hot and very humid conditions. Afternoon temperatures are expected to climb into the middle 90s, while the heat index is expected to hover around 110 degrees.
The NWS reminds people to drink plenty of non-alcholic beverages, stay in an air-conditioned room and out of the sun and check up on relatives and neighbors. Pets should also be kept indoors.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- University of Saint Mary to present 'Babes in Toyland'
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life