Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
A great hint or idea on conquering those loads of troubles and worries these days, worries and problems that just seem to come out of nowhere.
One of my favorite writers, Sr. Kathryn James, who has a way of getting right to the heart, right to the point, tells us to find a quiet place, sit or lie down, relax, get your mind on all of the blessings, get away from the worries, think happy thoughts or just pick some favorite blessing. Then concentrate on your breath as you breathe in and out, in and out. Let yourself calm down, continuing as long as it takes. One can disengage oneself from thinking of those worries, thinking only of that breath going in and out, in and out, letting yourself totally relax.
Each time you do this exercise it gets easier, and really helps. The Bible itself tells us over and over not to worry about anything. Easier said than done, we all know.
The world and the mess it’s in, I often think of the small lad who said to his teacher, “My grandpa said if everybody would just follow the Ten Commandments there wouldn’t be any wars, and I know my grandpa is right,” adding “but what is the Ten Commandments?”
His teacher answered, “That’s just what we are studying today,” with a broad grin on her face.
Barbara Streisand often said, “Thank God there were a couple of people in my life who said, ‘Go on, go on. You can do it.’”
More like this story
- Tonganoxie senior earns K-State's Putnam Scholarship
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race
- Kansas State, other state universities see enrollment drop
- New children's book about Jayhawks to be featured next week at Tonganoxie Public Library