Candidates to serve breakfast Saturday
The Red, White and Biscuit Breakfast is expected to bring several Republican candidates to Tonganoxie, including both candidates in the heated race for Sam Brownback’s senate seat. The event will be 8-10 a.m. Saturday at the Knox Dairy Barn on the Tonganoxie Community Historic Site campus on West Washington Street, northwest of West Haven Baptist Church.
U.S. Reps. Jerry Moran and Todd Tiahrt, who are running for Brownback’s U.S. Senate seat, are expected at the event, as are other candidates: Kris Kobach, Dennis Pyle, David Powell, Derek Schmidt, Connie O’Brien, Jana Goodman, Sandra Bohne and others.
Serving the biscuits and gravy, as well as coffee, will be the candidates.
Dennis and Denise Bixby will be preparing the food. Admission to the event is donation of two non-perishable food items or cash donations, which will be given to the Good Sheppard Thrift Store and Food Bank.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Antique engine event May 30 at Tonganoxie Community Historic Site