County sells fair building
Leavenworth County no longer owns a share of a building at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds in Tonganoxie.
On Monday, the commission approved the sale of what is known as the Tonganoxie 4-H Building to the Leavenworth County Fair Board for $1.
The commission also approved the sale of the Glenwood EMS building at 16380 158th Street to Fairmount Township for the same $1 price. Commissioners learned earlier this month the building was in need of roof repairs and other improvements.
The commission sold the buildings after finding them excess property of which the county no longer needed.
In both cases the county owned all or, in the case of the fairgrounds, part of building but not the property on which the structures were built.
With the sale of the fairgrounds building, the county will no longer be involved in scheduling for the building.
More like this story
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Brownback to take action on bill regulating Uber drivers
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others