Jefferson County Historical Society will feature “Christmas in July,” a display of Christmas items from various collections. Also, artist Arlene (Kramer) Hill will be displaying her artwork from 1-4 p.m. Saturday in the Curry House at Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa.
• McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• Be prepared for “slow-moving traffic” on Friday, Aug. 6: It’s the tractor ride to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Starting at 9 a.m., antique and classic tractors of all makes and models will parade approximately 30 miles through northeast Kansas. Beginning at the McLouth Threshing Bee grounds, the group of tractor drivers will tour to Winchester and proceed west and south to visit the Battle of Hickory Point, progressing south to Oskaloosa. The drivers will return to the McLouth Threshing Bee grounds and display their tractors.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown