Tonganoxie couple pleads no contest to hosting two parties for minors
A Tonganoxie couple pleaded no contest Wednesday in Leavenworth County District Court to hosting two parties where alcohol was furnished to minor A Tonganoxie couple pleaded no contest Wednesday in Leavenworth County District Court to hosting two parties where alcohol was furnished to minors.
The charges against Julie A. Whaler, 47, and Richard L. Whaler, 44, stem from incidents — all involving people younger than 18 — that allegedly occurred Oct. 17-24, 2009, and Feb. 14, 2010.
It's alleged the Whalers were hosts for underage people where alcoholic beverages were present, and they furnished alcohol to someone younger than 18 at their residence in October. In addition, they allegedly hosted an underage gathering on Feb. 14, where alcohol again was present.
Sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 18 in Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie couple charged with allowing minors to drink alcohol
- Tonganoxie husband and wife fined $2,000 each for teen alcohol parties
- Tonganoxie man pleads no contest for failure to register as offender
- Couple enter pleas to meth charges
- Minors in possession: Sandstone citations keep court docket full