Crews extinguishing semitrailer fire on Kansas Turnpike
Crews have extinguished a fire on a semitrailer Monday afternoon on the Kansas Turnpike about 13 miles east of the West Lawrence exit, a dispatcher for the Kansas Turnpike Authority said.
The truck, which was hauling leather products, caught fire in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Leavenworth County. Crews were still cleaning up at 5 p.m., the dispatcher said.
No injuries have been reported.
Fire crews from Fairmount and Stranger townships in Leavenworth County responded.
Eastbound traffic was reduced to one lane through the area, and the Kansas Turnpike Authority warned of delays.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High earns national recognition for athletic training work
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel