Peggy Gillaspie took Luke and Emily Cole and Maddie Ewert to a movie and to lunch on July 14.
Evelyn Schwinn and Peggy Gillaspie went July 15 to Tonganoxie Water Park to see a number of the grandchildren take their swimming lessons.
Myron and Jody Schwinn of St. George came to the home of Danny Schwinn and Evelyn Schwin to visit and picked sweet corn to take home July 16.
Peggy, Ed and Drew Gillaspie were on a road trip the week of July 18. The destination was Hershey, Pa., to see the sights and enjoy chocolate.
Austin Knapp and Kirk Knapp were helpers for “Cokesbury Galactic Blast: A Cosmic Adventure.” The Bible school lasted July 12-16. Bible school program was July 18. They had a nice crowd. Supper was served at 5:30 p.m. each day.
The community of all churches met at the Naazarene Church basement with a lovely supper and two freezers full of homemade ice cream. There was a tribute to all the service people. The group sang songs and Rev. Morgan from the United Methodist Church of McLouth said a few words with prayer. Wayne and Anabel Kanpp visited July 17 with Marcus and Oova Mae at their home.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books