County Commission schedules meeting to discuss benefit district
The Leavenworth County Commission will meet with residents of the Lo-Mar and Stoner subdivisions at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Basehor Community Library to discuss formation of a benefit district to chip and seal streets in the two subdivisions.
The county received a request from residents for the street improvements in conjunction with the county’s chip and seal of 166th Street, which should start in about three weeks.
Should there be an interest in forming the benefit district, the cost to residents would be about $75,000 and property owners would have the choice of paying their shares upfront or with an annual assessment.
More like this story
- THS player scores hat trick as girls soccer team records shutout
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- McLouth High baseketball teams' seasons end at sub-state
- Tonganoxie girls notch upset victory against Sumner Academy
- Basehor-Linwood ends Tonganoxie boys basketball season