Citywide cleanup is Saturday with prizes to be given out
A citywide cleanup will be 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday throughout Tonganoxie.
Area youths are encouraged to be part of the drive and compete for prizes.
The cleanup is being done to make Tonganoxie look its best in time for the Leavenworth County Fair. The group picking up the most trash gets to pick from the prize pile first. Prizes so far include a pool party, ice cream sundae bar, $100 cash and pizza, along with other prizes.
The dump site is just east of the Tonganoxie City Fire Station on East Fourth Street. Items that will be accepted: appliances, batteries, junk furniture, electronics, scrap metal, paint and lawn chemicals. Tires and yard waste cannot be accepted. Organizers also ask that regular trash be placed in residents’ blue trash cans for regular trash pick-up.
To pre-register a group or to donate a prize, contact Dennis Bixby at (913) 369-9871.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties