GOP, Democrats plan meetings
The Leavenworth County Democratic Party will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Leavenworth Library’s east room.
Breakfast will be served by Santa Fe Depot and is $8 per person. Speaker will be state Rep. Melanie Meier. She will be speaking of her military experience in Iraq, where she spent a year.
The Leavenworth County Republican Party Central Committee will have its June town hall meeting Monday from 7-9 p.m. at the Lansing Community Center in Lansing, 800 First Terr.
Speakers will be Rep. Peggy Mast, Dist. 76., Dale Chaffee of FairTax KC, Rep. Connie O’Brien of the 42nd District, as well as Sandra Bohne, candidate for 40th District, and Jana Goodman, candidate for the 41st District. An ice cream social will start at 6:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas elderly population to double, outnumber children, forecast predicts
- Government groups work across state lines in Kansas City
- Remember When: A Community Review for July 5, 2017
- Both Kansas Cities raise age to buy tobacco products to 21
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant