Farm Service Agency to have public meeting to discuss committee election
The Jefferson/Leavenworth/Wyandotte County Farm Service Agency will have a public meeting at 8 a.m. June 8, 2010 in the conference room at the Oskaloosa Service Center, 700 Jefferson, Suite A, in Oskaloosa.
The meeting is to provide information about the upcoming county committee election for Local Administrative Area (LAA) No. 1 and 5. The committee position for LAA No. 1 is currently held by Jeffery V Weishaar, who represents Jefferson County townships of Delaware, Norton and Jefferson. The committee position for LAA No. 5 is currently held by Paul (Mark) Meinke, who represents all of Leavenworth County south of County Road 8 and all of Wyandotte County.
The meeting will include a discussion on the eligibility requirements to hold a position on the FSA’s county committee. Anyone interested in serving on the county committee or learning about the committee is urged to attend. County Committee election information can also be found at fsa.usda.gov/FSA/webapp?area=newsroom&subject=landing&topic=cce.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas project to focus on lesser known historical figures
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete