Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls, May 17-30, 2010
Tonganoxie City Fire Department
• Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 8:03 a.m. May 17, 4:46 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. May 18, 11:49 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. May 19, 9:36 a.m. and 11:26 p.m. May 20, 5:59 a.m., 2:21 p.m. and 7:28 p.m. May 22, 9:12 a.m. and 1:49 p.m. May 26, 11:40 a.m. and 7:06 p.m. May 27 and 11:19 a.m., 1:06 p.m. and 8:14 p.m. May 30.
• Firefighters responded to Genesis Christian Academy at 1:54 p.m. may 17 for a public relations event.
• At 10:51 a.m. May 19, firefighters responded to the 1200 block of Ridge Circle for a power line down.
• At 1:06 p.m. May 20, firefighters responded to a possible structure fire in the 200 block of Green Street. The fire was near the back porch. It was extinguished and the area checked for extension.
• At 2:58 p.m. May 20, firefighters responded to the 500 block of Smiley Rd for a motor vehicle accident. A car had left the road, striking a utility pole guy wire and dislodging a transformer from the pole. The driver was uninjured and the scene was secured until the utility company secured the transformer.
• Firefighters served on standby for Reno Township at 3:08 p.m. May 22.
• At 3:16 p.m. May 22, firefighters responded with Reno Township for a multi-vehicle injury accident at County Road 1 and Kansas Highway 32.
• Firefighters responded at 4:43 p.m. May 27 and 9:36 a.m. May 29 for medical standby at the Abdallah Shrine Rodeo.
• At 4:43 p.m. May 28, firefighters responded to a possible fire at U.S. Highway 24-40 and Sixth Street. It was found to be a false alarm, as steam was mistaken for smoke.
• At 7:49 p.m. May 29, firefighters responded to Kansas Highway 32 and Stranger Creek for a water rescue emergency.
• Firefighters served on standby at the fires station at 7:58 p.m. May 29.
• At 6:09 a.m. May 30, firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Water Rescue for a large area search of Stranger Creek for a possible drowning victim. The search revealed no victim.
• At 11:26 p.m. May 30, firefighters responded to an illegal burn in the 500 block of Washington.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Carissa Welsh
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Connie Torneden
- Tonganoxie Sesquicentennial logo unveiled; community band expected to make return