Pratt named 2nd team All-American
Catcher, a THS grad, put up big numbers at HCC
The Highland Community College softball team is proud to announce that Melissa Pratt, a sophomore from Tonganoxie, has been named to the NJCAA Division II All-America Second Team.
Pratt, who plays catcher for HCC, hit .514 in 49 games this season, leading the Scotties to their first ever National Championship Tournament berth. Pratt finished her sophomore season with 72 hits, including 20 doubles, five triples, and nine home runs. She drove in 70 runs and scored 46 times.
"We are very happy for Melissa. She has worked so hard to earn this honor," said head coach Heidi Jordan. "She had an outstanding two years at Highland and her leadership both on and off the field will be missed. We wish her the best of luck in the future."
Pratt also was named to the Jayhawk Conference Eastern Division First Team and NJCAA Region VI Division II District E First Team. She will continue her playing career at Troy University next season.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Vintage Park's Julie Hansen
- Aspiring to be a Spire: Freemyer signs with Saint Mary
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education