Bob and Alfreda Ryan attended a picnic dinner Saturday evening at their granddaughter, Shanna, Justin, Jace and Scott's home in Lawrence. All gathered for their granddaughter, Sammi Kay Womack, with her friend, Mike, who were visiting from Arizona. Others attending were Sue Womack and Derek Ong from Ozawkie; Anah, Dwayne and Sarajo Mance; Bridget, Brent and Lauren Mance, of Leavenworth; Sascha, Mark, Sophia and Mia Smith, of Effingham.
• Jefferson County Historical Society will feature several displays at Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa on Saturday:
Fly fishing and fly tying demonstration by members of Free State Fly Fishing Federation of Lawrence from 1 to 4 p.m.; a knife display from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and a 1790s mountain men display featuring teepee, campfire cooking, displays and demonstrations of frontier life, nature and wildlife art exhibits.
• McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• Enjoy Tonganoxie’s Community Band concert at 7 p.m., Tuesday at Tonganoxie VFW Park. Free admission. Food stand will open at 6 p.m. Bring your lawn chairs. VFW Park is at 910 E. First St. in Tonganoxie.
• All Children ages 3 to 11 are invited to Vacation Bible School, which will be 5:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, July 12 through Friday, July 16 at McLouth United Methodist Church. “Galactic Blast” (A Cosmic Adventure Praising God) is this year's theme. As “cadets,” children will voyage into outer space praising God, developing a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. For further information, please call (913) 796-658
More like this story
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Jarbalo Jottings