Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Douglas counties in severe thunderstorm watch
Several area counties are in a severe thunderstorm watch until 10 p.m. Wednesday.
The National Weather Service issued the watch Wednesday afternoon, as storms are expected to develop in Kansas, with severe wind and hail being the primary threats. Area counties included in the watch: Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson and Douglas counties.
In addition, the flood warning for Leavenworth County remains in effect until about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, as moderate flooding is occurring along the Missouri River at Leavenworth.
Area counties are in a heat advisory until 7 p.m. also.
More like this story
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row