Run/walk fundraiser coming
Small Town Big Cause, a 5K run/walk benefiting the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Endowment Association, will start at 6:30 a.m. Saturday, July 24 with registration at Family Medicine of Tonganoxie, 410 Woodfield in Tonganoxie.
The run/walk will begin at 7:30 p.m. and there will be individual recognitions after the event for overall top male and female finishers, as well as top male and female finishers in each age group. Also, teams will be recognized for fastest feet, biggest heart and spunkiest spirit. Fastest feet is the team with the first three finishers, biggest heart is the team with the most members and spunkiest spirit is the team sporting the most creative race apparel.Children in strollers are welcome, but for safety reasons, animals are not allowed.
For more information, visit lmhendowment.org or call (785) 505-3317.
More like this story
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes