Preliminary hearing set for former teacher charged with having sex with student
A former Pleasant Ridge High School teacher, arrested Tuesday morning on charges of having sex with a 17-year-old student, will appear in July in Leavenworth County District Court.
Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said Wednesday the former teacher will have a preliminary hearing July 20 in Leavenworth.
Thompson's office alleges the teacher had consensual sexual intercourse with one of her students between August 2009 and June 2010. She's been charged with three counts of unlawful sexual relations.
She resigned in April from her job at the high school near Easton, according to Associated Press reports.
It is the policy of this newspaper not to identify suspects in sex crimes unless and until there is a conviction.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit