McLouth girls score 27 in win
With only 11 field goals, the McLouth High girls basketball team still found a way to win a very low-scoring affair with Doniphan West Friday.
The Bulldogs were just 11-for-47 from the floor (23 percent) but MHS prevailed, 27-23, in the team’s final regular-season game.
Only three McLouth players — Morgan Drinnon, Missy Rome and Terri Stewart — were able to score against the Mustangs, but the Bulldogs’ stingy defense, which never allowed DWHS to score more than six points in a quarter, made up for the lack of offense.
Senior Rome led the team with 14 points, nine rebounds and five steals.
Drinnon scored seven points and grabbed six boards, while Stewart added six points and two steals.
McLouth opens its sub-state tournament with a 7 p.m. Tuesday home game against Atchison County.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits