Fire destroys aparment
A Saturday evening fire at a multi-family residence displaced three families.
The fire, which started about 11:10 p.m. in the 200 block of Grace Street, started in a lower apartment. The cause of the fire has not been determined yet, said John Callaghan, deputy chief for the Tonganoxie City Fire Department.
He said one unit was completely destroyed by heat and fire and there were different levels of smoke and water damage done to the remaining units.
The American Red Cross, as well as several area EMS and fire units, were on scene to assist the families.
No one was injured, Callaghan said.
More like this story
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Jason Ward
- Charter ordinance does not pass council
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Tonganoxie Public Library bingo offerings providing afternoon fun