Electric cooperative plans open meeting in McLouth
Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative is conducting an open board meeting starting at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the McLouth High School theater auditorium. This meeting will be for open discussion and a board vote on proposed rate changes.
The Prime Group, a utility rate consultant, recently finished a cost of service study and recommended changes that will be discussed at the open meeting. The main recommendation is that LJEC move to what is known as cost-based rates.
These are rates that distribute costs fairly among all customer classes, collects fixed costs through fixed charges and collects variable costs through variable charges. LJEC’s current rate structure does not reflect these three principles.
The two major points that will be discussed at the open meeting are the proposed increase in the monthly customer charge and the decrease in the kilowatt hour rate.
In addition, alternative rates such as time of use and load management will be discussed.
Questions can be directed to LJEC assistant manager Joe Heinen at (888) 796-6111.
More like this story
- Brownback to take action on bill regulating Uber drivers
- Effort seeks to crowdfund millions to buy Topeka race track
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Marathon man: Tonganoxie resident completes 2nd Boston Marathon