Louise Gilbert celebrated her 96th birthday (March 5) on March 7 at the home of her daughter, Kathleen McConnell. Those present were Nancy and Steve Moring, and Elaine Grace of Oskaloosa; David Wong, Fort Leavenworth; Marty and Neal Stubbs, Olathe; Janet Means, Bonner Springs; John Stubbs, Shawnee Mission; Ron and Don Fowler, Raytown, Mo.; Sarah Thomas, Lawrence; Joan Bradford, Wamego; Erma Fowler, Kathleen McConnell, Juanita Herries, and Louise Gilbert, McLouth. Unable to attend were Hubert Kimberlin and Keith Herries, McLouth; Kirk and Anne Bradford, Marysville; and Marty and Murphy Stubbs, Olathe.
• McLouth Public Library’s Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. Call (913) 796-2225.
• Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative (LJEC) will conduct an open board meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the McLouth High School Theater Auditorium. This meeting will be for open discussion and a board vote on proposed rate changes. Two major points to be discussed will be the proposed increase in the monthly customer charge and the decrease in the kilowatt hour rate. In addition, alternative rates such as “time of use” and “load management” will be discussed. Contact Joe Heinen, (888) 796-6111.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers