Mayor in critical condition at hospital following overdose
The Tonganoxie mayor is in critical condition this afternoon after what Tonganoxie police are investigating as a possible suicide attempt.
Mike Vestal was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after overdosing on prescription medication, Tonganoxie police Lt. Billy Adcox said Monday. A call was made to Leavenworth County dispatchers about 10:45 a.m. Sunday from someone else at Vestal's residence, Adcox said.
According to Tonganoxie police Chief Kenny Carpenter, it is routine to investigate overdoses as possible suicide.
“Anytime we have a drug overdose, we investigate is as a possible suicide until we know otherwise,” Tonganoxie police Chief Kenny Carpenter said Monday.
For more on this story, check back to our site.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds