Library program tonight to tie together “Wizard of Oz” and Tonganoxie
A presentation covering the historical time period of the novel "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" and placing the story in context with the history of Tonganoxie and the United States will take place at 7 p.m. tonight, Thursday, March 25 at the Tonganoxie Public Library.
Susy Ross of the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society will present the program.
The presentation will conclude the library's Tonganoxie Reads 2010 program.
Each year, Tonganoxie Public Library plays host to annual community reading projects in the month of March. The library's title this year is "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum. This year marks the 110th anniversary of the release of this book and the library has many programs based around the book. Stop in Library for more information, or check out its Web site: www.tonganoxielibrary.org.
More like this story
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences
- Summer in Tonganoxie: Library offers special themes for programs
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Delia Rubio
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning