The 50th Annual McLouth-area Rural School Reunion took place May 2 in the McLouth Community Center. Twenty-five people attended, representing nine one-room schools: Wildhorse, Stanwood, Eureka, Round Grove, Woodstock, Brown, Wilham, Hinton and Parsons.
• McLouth High School's commencement will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Braksick Sports Complex. In the event of inclement weather, graduation will take place in the MHS Gold Gymnasium.
• The Harlan Schuster Photographic Exhibit, sponsored by the Jefferson County Historical Society, will be featured from 1-4 p.m. Saturday at the Curry House in Old Jefferson Town, Oskaloosa. For questions, contact Virginia Winsor: (913) 774-7741.
• McLouth Friendship Club’s Covered Dish Luncheon will be 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Community Center. All adults 50 and older are welcome. Please bring a covered dish, and your table service. You are requested to bring a sample of how you spend your free time. Some examples: Reading? Bring a book. Woodworking/carpentry? Bring a hammer. These items will be used as luncheon table decorations. If you need a ride, the Jefferson County Services Organization vehicle (with limited seating) is available to residents within a one-mile radius of McLouth. Call: Charlotte Robinson to make your reservation for a ride: (913) 796-6798.
• Instrumentalists (seventh grade to adults) are welcome to join in the fun of Tonganoxie's Community Band. Rehearsals will be 7-8:30 p.m. every Tuesday evening in June (1, 8, 15, 22) in the Tonganoxie High School Band Room. (Be ready to play at 7.) Tonganoxie High School is across from Sonic on U.S. Highway 24-40. Use the performing arts center entrance. The band plays pep and concert selections. The annual evening outdoor concert will be June 29 at VFW Park.
• Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative (LJEC) is playing host to a Member Appreciation Day that will take place during the McLouth BBQ Blowout Saturday, June 5, at Prairie Park (west edge of town near Braksick Sports Complex). LJEC will have a tent set up in Prairie Park. The first 500 members who present proof of membership in the form of a 2010 bill or ID will receive a free barbecue meal (served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.). Door prizes will be awarded.