Flooding forces road closures near Easton; flood, river warnings still in effect
Moderate flooding near Easton has forced closure of roads there.
The National Weather Service issued a river flood warning Thursday morning for Stranger Creek near Easton. The creek’s level was at 18.5 feet Thursday morning and is expected to increase to 20 feet by Thursday evening. Flood stage is 17 feet. The warning is effective until about 6:15 a.m. Saturday morning.
Flooding hasn’t caused road closures elsewhere in the county, according to Leavenworth County dispatchers. There is water on the road at Kansas Highway 92 and County Road 21, but it still is passable, a dispatch official said late Thursday morning.
Leavenworth County also is in a flood warning until 4 p.m. Thursday.
More like this story
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Tonganoxie USD 464 bond reissuance to save nearly $1.14 million; candidate filing deadline June 1; more hires, resignations, new positions
- Area educator appointed to Tonganoxie school board
- Outgoing Tonganoxie superintendent to take administrative position in Topeka