Shrine Rodeo discounts offered
If you’re looking for entertainment Memorial Day Weekend, the Shrine Rodeo once again will be rolling into Tonganoxie.
The 51st annual Abdallah Shrine Rodeo will take place May 27-29 at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds in Tonganoxie.
Fans will see funny rodeo clowns, specialty acts and professional cowboys and cowgirls riding bucking horses and bulls, roping, steer wrestling and barrel racing. Mutton busting for kids also will be featured.
Families can take advantage of the family fun pack, which offers a discount — admission for two adults and two youths ages 12 and younger, four hot dogs and four soft drinks for $30 — until May 21. After that date, the price increases to $40.
“The Shriners have always emphasized family and this is our way to keep our rodeo family-oriented,” said rodeo chairman and Shrine member Larry Hewitt. “We see a lot of families at our event and with the soft economy, we want to give moms and dads and kids a place to go for entertainment over Memorial Day weekend.”
The rodeo begins at 7:30 p.m. each night and vendors will be on the grounds as well. A car show and quilt show are part of the festivities also. Parking costs $3 and includes a free rodeo program.
For more information, visit ShrineRodeo.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map