Boling 4-H Club plan chili supper
The Boling 4-H Club opened its regular monthly meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance and the club pledge led by Aaron Campbell and Samantha Hunsecker. Alyssa Foley followed with the song “This Old Man.”
Sadie Jane reported on the educational field trip to the Kansas Sampler Festival. Ethan Johnson suggested the club have a chili/soup supper this year since we have not done it the last two years. A motion was made and passed to have it, however, a motion made to open it to the public or only do it for the Lansing schools during conferences was tabled pending discussion with the schools.
President Ethan Johnson recessed the meeting so the members could clean the grange building where our meetings are held.
During the leader's report, Cari Foley and Anne Johnson reminded members that County Camp registration is due May 24, with camp June 15-18. The spring swine show and bucket calf demonstration is June 19. The Spring Fare will be June 26 at the Lansing 4-H.
Alyssa led the club in singing “Happy Birthday” to Katherine Carpenter, Sadie Jane Johnson, Kaylee Lowe, and Rachel Jessup.
The president adjourned the meeting after having the members repeat the club motto: To make the best better.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Knights of Columbus offering fish fries
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation