Open Arms Christian Preschool graduated six children May 2: Cooper Edmonds, Walker Edmonds, Kolby Gehl, Clarissa Stean, Quentin Sudlow and Ethan Marshall. Ryder Sparks also completed a year of preschool but will not start kindergarten this year. Cake and punch were served afterward in the fellowship hall at the McLouth Church of the Nazarene.
On May 11, Open Arms Christian Daycare took 13 preschoolers to Hickory Pointe Nursing Home in Oskaloosa to make Boo Boo Bears with the residents. Everyone had fun.
• A Toy Show (antique and new) will be featured 1-4 p.m. Saturday in the Reynolds Building at Old Jefferson Town, Oskaloosa.
• Memorial Services this Sunday: 1 p.m., Fowler Cemetery, and 2:30 p.m. Wildhorse Cemetery.
Services will be 11 a.m. Monday at McLouth Cemetery.
• McLouth Public Library’s summer reading program — Make a Splash: Read! — has reading options for all ages. Registration runs from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, June 3. Program sessions will be at 10 a.m. on Thursdays: June 10, 17 and 24 and July 1, 8, 15 and 22.
McLouth Public Library will be showing a free movie at 1 p.m. every Wednesday, June 2-July 21, with free refreshments.
• McLouth's 19th Annual BBQ Blowout, which is the NE Kansas State BBQ Championship, takes place June 4 and 5. Kids will enjoy an exotic animal petting zoo with pony and camel rides from 6 to 10 p.m. Friday. Saturday begins at 7 a.m. with a 4-H country breakfast, followed by a full day of events. It all happens at Prairie Park on the west edge of McLouth. Free admission.
• A Texas Hold ’Em Tournament to benefit McLouth Parent Teachers Organization and the school playground fund starts at 7 p.m. Friday, June 4 at the McLouth Fire Station. For further information, call (785) 331-8991.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-693