Tonganoxie polls busy
The poll at Tonganoxie VFW Post 9271 had a busy morning.
At about 11 a.m., all of the electronic voting machines in at the VFW were in use with another eight residents waiting to vote. Supervising election judge Dana Holtmeyer said that had been the norm for the morning.
“We’ve had more than 200 (voters),” she said. “It’s been a good morning.”
The VFW is one of two poll sites in Tonganoxie with Sacred Heart Catholic Church on U.S. Highway 24-40. Polls will remain open until 7 p.m. today.
In today’s statewide races, Kansas voters will elect a new U.S. senator, governor, state secretary of state and attorney general. Also being contested are races for U.S. and Kansas House seats and Kansas State Board of Education.
Check back this evening for complete election coverage.
More like this story
- Chieftain runners take 11th on girls side at state
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Cool runnings for Tonganoxie cross country
- Chieftain runners do well at Kaw Valley League meet; THS prepares for regionals
- MIdnight run for Tonganoxie cross country spreads to other fall sports for first-practice tradition