Basehor man injured in Sunday accident near Basehor
A 45-year-old Basehor man was injured in an accident about 11:30 a.m. Sunday near Basehor on U.S. Highway 24-40.
James A. Gibson Jr. was driving west on U.S. 24-40 when his 1998 Toyota truck left the road and vaulted off an embankment, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
A KHP official said Monday that Gibson stated his vehicle left the road after he swerved to miss a deer. The official said the case still is under investigation.
Gibson was taken to Kansas University Hospital in Kansas City, Kan. An official there said Monday that Gibson wasn’t listed as a patient.
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat