K-7 and I-70 ramps reopen
After an accident caused damage leading to the closure of ramps from Kansas Highway 7 to Interstate 70 last week, the ramps reopen late Tuesdday.
The Kansas Turnpike Authority said all access at the I-70/Kansas Turnpike & K-7 interchange reopened to all traffic at 11:30 p.m. Tuesday. KTA had reported that Tuesday evening, the contractor, Flame-On, conducted repairs on the ramp bridge,.
The ramps had been closed to traffic since 2:45 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 4. All access from K-7 to eastbound and westbound I-70 and from eastbound I-70 to K-7 was closed due to damage caused to the ramp bridge by an oversized semitrailer carrying an excavator, which hit underneath the bridge deck.
Inspection work completed over the weekend determined that several beams on the ramp bridge were damaged and that the damaged beams need to repaired before the ramp bridge can be reopened to all traffic.
The ramp closings had forced a detour to U.S Highway 24/State Avenue to the north of I-70/Kansas Turnpike or Kansas Highway 10 to the south of I-70/Kansas Turnpike.
More like this story
- Youths encouraged to visit Tonganoxie Library to pick up sesquicentennial coloring sheet
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- Mural work inside Tonganoxie business continues this weekend
- Tonganoxie ministers organize vigil to honor police officers killed in Dallas