12 Chieftains receive all-KVL honors for fall sports
With the 2010 fall sports season complete, the Kaw Valley League has named its all-league selections in boys soccer, cross country, football and volleyball.
Between the four sports, a total of 12 Tonganoxie High athletes received some sort of all-KVL distinction for their performances and six of them were selected to the first team.
Tonganoxie volleyball led the way with three first-team players. Seniors Danielle Miller and Molly O’Hagan and sophomore Jenny Whitledge all were honored among the league’s top players.
THS football had two first-team choices with senior offensive lineman Justin Francis and senior defensive back Shawn Marin. Senior linebacker Ian McClellan was named to the second team and junior defensive lineman Dallas Jacobs received honorable mention.
All-league cross country teams are decided on the course at the KVL meet. By finishing in the top 10, Chieftains junior Patrick Rachford earned a first-team spot. With top-20 showings, senior Alex Hauk and junior Dalton Harrington were second-team runners in the KVL.
Two THS boys soccer players — sophomore midfielder Matt Saathoff and junior defender Marcus Titterington — received honorable mention.
More like this story
- Trump wins endorsement of Kansas Secretary of State Kobach
- Kansas House rejects calling for new constitutional convention
- Former Johnson County election commissioner slammed in ethics audit
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts