THS blood drive Friday
The Tonganoxie High School Student Council is sponsoring a blood drive from 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 12.
Donors must be at least 16 years old and weigh 115 pounds. Donors also need to bring photo identification.
The Community Blood Center serves dozens of hospitals in the area, including Children’s Mercy and Lawrence Memorial Hospital. The center needs 580 donors each day to meet hospitals’ needs. Each donation has the potential to help two patients, as the blood can be divided into two components — plasma and red blood cells.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season
- Tonganoxie High continues band camp tradition
- Crowded Leavenworth County Commission race highlights local election season
- Return of Mr. Van's band in Tonganoxie for summer celebration
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships