Mayor’s Christmas Tree Project to benefit Tonganoxie families in need
Tonganoxie Mayor Jason Ward has announced the Mayor’s Christmas Tree Project, meant to help local families in need this holiday season.
The Mayor’s Christmas Tree Project is a partnership between Ward, the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce and Good Shepherd Thrift Store. The project seeks individuals and businesses to sponsor families for the holiday season.
Donations of non-perishable food items, cash or gift certificates can be made at the Good Shepherd Thrift Store during regular business hours. Donations of non-perishable food items will be collected at the tree lighting, which will be from 2:30 p.m. to about 6 p.m. Nov. 20 and by participating businesses until Dec. 11.
Those who prefer to give gifts can contact the Good Shepard Thrift Store for family “wish lists.” All personal information concerning donors and family remains confidential.
All donations to the project will be delivered to and distributed by the Good Shepherd Thrift Shop.
More like this story
- Kansas Republicans hold to hard-right on social issues at state convention in Overland Park
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- Facebook and the election
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers