Thank you for all the cards, phone calls and visits that helped Hubert Kimberlin celebrate his 95th birthday.
• Jefferson County Early Childhood Council is gearing up for its sixth annual Santa Express Toy Fair. If you, or anyone you know, needs a little extra help getting toys for your children (0 to 8 yrs of age), the council can help. Each applicant is asked to donate one non-perishable food item per child, which will go to local food pantries. Registration for this program ends Nov. 30.
You must register to take part in this program. To register, please call Patricia Kreutzer (785) 633-3833 or Trisha Boyd (785) 863-2161.
• Open Arms Preschool and the McLouth Library have boxes for donations to the Santa Express Toy Fair. Please donate new or gently used toys. The toys will be given to Jefferson County families who are having financial difficulties this year. Donations will be accepted until Dec. 1. Santa Express Toy Fair is sponsored by the Jefferson County Early Childhood Council.
• Everyone is invited to the tree lighting party in the City Park (downtown) on Union Street. Festivities begin at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, with Christmas caroling, hotdogs and marshmallows cooked over a bon fire, popcorn and hot chocolate. Santa will make a visit and the mayor will light the tree at dark.
After the party in the park, “come-as-you-are” at 6 p.m. Sunday to the community-wide Advent Service at McLouth United Methodist Church. This service marks the beginning of the season of Advent, a time of preparation of our hearts, as well as our world, for the coming of Christ, which we celebrate on Christmas Day. Everyone is invited to attend. The McLouth Ministerial Alliance will receive a special offering, which will be used to provide food and assistance to individuals and families throughout the coming year.
• McLouth United Methodist Church Women will have a spaghetti dinner (free will offering) and Silent Auction from 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High football stays perfect, now leads KVL
- Tonganoxie football stays undefeated with victory against Bonner Springs
- De Soto dashes dreams for Tonganoxie High
- Lansing spoils Tonganoxie homecoming game with big second half
- Chieftains bruise Bears, 41-8, as Tonganoxie stays undefeated entering district play