Chieftains soccer suffers another 3-2 loss
For the second time in two days, the Tonganoxie High boys soccer team lost a 3-2 match, this time on Thursday at Piper, in Kansas City, Kan.
The road setback came a day after a 3-2 home loss to Basehor-Linwood.
Senior Jake Willis scored a goal in the first half at Piper to tie the match, 1-1.
The Pirates took a 3-1 lead in the second half before Matt Saathoff scored to put THS (1-9) within one.
The Chieftains have lost six straight matches and are 0-5 on the road.
At 4 p.m. Monday, they will be back home for a match with Lansing.
More like this story
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- July survey suggests economic slowdown ahead for Midwest