Bulldogs beat Horton, 28-14
Courtney scores 4 TDs in homecoming win
Junior running back Alex Courtney made sure the McLouth High football team enjoyed its homecoming game Friday night, playing a part in all four of the Bulldogs' touchdowns in a 28-14 victory over Horton.
Courtney scored three times while going for 181 yards on 37 carries and one of his two receptions also went for a TD.
But the junior wasn't the only 100-yard rusher for MHS (3-3). Junior Shawn Dailey also eclipsed the century mark, gaining 102 yards on just 12 runs.
Sophomore quarterback Marc Walbridge hit five of his 10 pass attempts for 43 yards and a score while being intercepted once.
Sophomore Dakota Cop's 21 receiving yards on a pair of grabs led the team.
The Bulldogs only led 7-0 at the half but boosted their lead to 28-0 in the fourth quarter before Horton was able to score.
McLouth is now 3-0 at Stan Braksick Stadium this season.
Next up for MHS is a road game Friday at Pleasant Ridge.
Score by quarters
Horton 0 0 0 14 — 14
McLouth 0 7 7 14 — 28
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday