Downtown accident sends one to hospital
A Monday morning accident in downtown Tonganoxie sent one person to an area hospital.
The accident occurred about 7:55 a.m. Monday when two vehicles collided near Fourth and Delaware streets.
Julie Gorham, 43, Tonganoxie, was heading north on Delaware in a 2002 Saturn when a 1991 GMC Jimmy driven by Chance Hopkins, 16, Tonganoxie, and headed east, collided with her vehicle at the intersection, reports said.
Gorham was taken to an area hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service, while Hopkins was uninjured.
Tonganoxie police Lt. Billy Adcox said Hopkins was wearing a seat belt, but it was unknown whether Gorham was wearing a seat belt.
Traffic on Fourth street was rerouted because of the accident for about 30-40 minutes, Adcox said.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run