Letter: Citizen opposes altering current district judge selection format
Citizen opposes altering current district judge selection format
To the editor:
I am opposed to the election of district judges. I don’t know of any reason to change the system. I remember when we used to elect them. It takes too much money and too much time campaigning, instead of judging.
Right now, district judges are appointed by the governor after being recommended by local people, half of whom are non-lawyers and half lawyers.
I think those who want to elect judges want judges who agree with them on certain issues. I think we’re better off with the current system. Right now, judges don’t have to raise money, campaign or make promises.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
More like this story
- Man sentenced to 13 years for shooting clerk in Topeka
- Man charged in Fort Riley bomb plot to appear in court
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary