Tonganoxie soccer loses, 2-0
The Tonganoxie High boys soccer team lost its 10th straight match on Thursday at Bishop Ward in Kansas City, Kan.
Although the 2-0 loss continued an undesirable stretch that began with a loss to Turner on Sept. 14, Chieftains coach Brian Kroll said the team showed much improvement.
The match was a lot closer than the previous three for THS (1-13), during which it was outscored 17-2. Ward was part of that, defeating Tonganoxie 8-1 on Oct. 7.
The Chieftains got a much-needed boost from the return of goalkeeper Keaton Truesdell to the lineup.
Next up for THS is a 6 p.m. Monday road match at Basehor-Linwood, a makeup date from a match originally scheduled for Sept. 2. Tonganoxie lost to BLHS, 3-2, on Sept. 30.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund