Mr. Goodcents closing its doors tonight after 12 years in Tonganoxie
Mr. Goodcents will be closing its doors for the final time tonight at 1208 Front St. in Tonganoxie.
The restaurant, which has been in Tonganoxie since 1998, will close for the final time “when the food runs out” tonight, likely around 8 p.m. owner Mark Matheson said Monday afternoon.
He said the decision to close the restaurant, part of the De Soto-based franchise, was based on the rough economy.
“The last couple years have really been a struggle,” Matheson said.
For more on this story, pick up Wednesday’s print edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers