McLouth Church of the Nazarene invites everyone to a revival, with special speaker Rev. Dave Belzer, 7 p.m. today, Thursday and Friday. There also will be a fall festival at 3 p.m. Saturday and services at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
• McLouth Elementary School’s Costume Parade will be downtown about 1:55 p.m. Friday.
• McLouth United Methodist Church will have its seventh annual "Trunk or Treat" from 6-7:30 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot. Everyone in the community is welcome to decorate the trunks of their cars and distribute candy to the gremlins and goblins that come by. Youths of all ages are welcome to participate in pumpkin carving and pumpkin decorating, plus several other activities. This is a great opportunity for families who live in the country to participate in the festivities, and it provides a safe environment for everyone.
• “A Hometown Hullabaloo” for a fun and safe Halloween will be sponsored by McLouth businesses. Everyone is welcome downtown from 6-8 p.m. Sunday to enjoy candy, hot dogs, refreshments, free hayrides and the free community dance (at the Fire Station).
• Residents who choose not to be disturbed by Trick-or-Treaters often leave their porch lights turned off. As a courtesy, please respect their preference by only going to houses that are lit.
• Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 2.
• Stanwood Friends Church will have its annual Chili Supper and Bake Sale from 5-8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3 in the McLouth Community Center. Proceeds will support missions.
• Jefferson County Historical Society’s 44th Annual Meeting and Banquet starts at 6 p.m. with the meeting and 6:30 p.m. with the banquet Thursday, Nov. 11, at the Methodist church in Meriden. Program will be given by Meryln Mahoney, president of the Meriden Antique Engine Tractor Association, and Richard Wellman, Jefferson County Genealogical Society member. For more information and purchasing of tickets, please contact Leanne Chapman (785) 863-3257 or Marilyn Sharkey (785) 863-2423.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie getting Spooktacular; other area activities planned to celebrate Halloween
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- In good spooky spirits in Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth County Fair: Bring on the exhibits, cotton candy and carnival
- Organizers planning many activities for Spooktacular