Thursday THS sporting events washed out
Tonganoxie High’s cross country teams weren’t fast enough to beat an incoming storm Thursday evening.
Although the THS junior varsity girls and boys were able to complete their races, the varsity runs had to be postponed as rain and lightning rolled into the area.
Chieftains cross country coach Phil Williams said the dual between Tonganoxie and Lansing would conclude Friday afternoon at 4 p.m.
In order to finish things up in a timely fashion, the varsity girls and boys will race at the same time, Williams said.
The THS boys soccer match at Basehor-Linwood, also scheduled for Thursday, was washed out as well. The Chieftains had arrived at Basehor but were forced to get back on the bus and return home due to the severe weather.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Governor signs bill on $25 withdrawal for welfare recipients
- Kansas Senate to vote on tighter rules for social services
- Tonganoxie High seniors receive scholarships at awards night
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues