Former Easton teacher sentenced to probation for sexual relations with student
A former teacher in Leavenworth County, who pleaded guilty to having sex with a high school student, has been sentenced to three years probation.
A Leavenworth County District Court judge sentenced Shannon Young, 36, on Wednesday to three years probation and an 18-month suspended prison sentence.
Young was sentenced to three counts of voluntary, unlawful sexual relations with a then 17-year-old student at Pleasant Ridge High School near Easton.
Young had no previous criminal history. She is to register for 10 years as a registered sex offender and receive a sexual offender evaluation and follow any recommendations from that evaluation, Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said.
More like this story
- De Soto hands Tonganoxie football second straight loss
- Tonganoxie football staves off Perry-Lecompton rally for first victory
- Tonganoxie football blanks Bishop Ward, 42-0
- Tonganoxie football holds on again after big lead for 2nd victory of season
- Lansing spoils Tonganoxie homecoming game with big second half