Former Pleasant Ridge teacher sentenced to three years probation for sexual relations with student
A former teacher in Leavenworth County who pleaded guilty to having sex with a high school student has been sentenced to three years probation.
A Leavenworth County District Court judge sentenced Shannon Young, 36, on Wednesday to three years probation and an 18-month suspended prison sentence.
Young was sentenced to three counts voluntary, unlawful sexual relations with a then 17-year-old student at Pleasant Ridge High School near Easton.
Young had no previous criminal history. She is to register for 10 years as a registered offender and receive a sexual offender evaluation and follow any recommendations from that evaluation, Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row