Bulldogs’ 6 TDs not enough against Sunrise Academy
McLouth High’s football team lost a shootout on the road Friday night. The Bulldogs were outscored, 52-40, at Sunrise Academy, in Bel Aire.
Although it was a loss, stat lines were impressive for MHS. Sophomore quarterback Marc Walbridge was 17-for-27 and threw for 295 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Junior running back Alex Courtney rushed 27 times for 100 yards and two scores and caught four passes for 57 yards.
Senior Trevor Roberts made an impact not only on offense with three carries for 58 yards and five receptions for 59 yards and two touchdowns, but also on special teams with a 76-yard kickoff return for a TD.
Junior Shawn Dailey rushed for a score and had four receptions for 95 yards.
MHS is now 1-3 on the season and 0-3 on the road.
At 7 p.m. Friday, McLouth returns home to Stan Braksick stadium for a game against Jefferson County North.
More like this story
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Kansas lawmakers working on plan to issue pension bonds
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits