TMS football squads win at Clark
Tonganoxie Middle School’s eighth-grade football team won its third straight game on Tuesday to remain unbeaten.
The Warriors’ latest victim was Clark, which fell to TMS, 36-12, in Bonner Springs.
Quarterback Jared Somers led Tonganoxie (3-0-1) with four rushing touchdowns and three successful two-point conversions, two on the ground and one through the air.
Seth Wolf also ran for a TD and Dalton Tavis caught a pass for a two-point conversion.
The seventh-grade team from Tonganoxie also won at Clark, rolling to a 30-0 shutout.
Both Grant Elston and Austin Ettinger finished with two rushing touchdowns in the blowout.
The Warriors (3-1) were successful on three two-point conversions: Dawson Jones caught an Elston pass and both Lucas Skaggs and Elston ran one in.
This coming Tuesday, Tonganoxie’s teams play Piper. Both games are at 4:15 p.m. — the eighth grade will be at home and the seventh grade travels to Kansas City, Kan. 15
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Man injured after his handgun goes off in Kansas theater
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor