Two Tonganoxie residents sent to hospital following motorcycle accident
A motorcycle accident Sunday afternoon a few miles south of Tonganoxie sent the motorcycle’s driver and passenger to an area hospital.
The accident occurred just after 4 p.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 24-40 and 243rd Street near Reno.
Bret A. Clark, 48, Tonganoxie, was operating the motorcycle. Lorie A. Reavis, 44, Tonganoxie, was the passenger.
Clark was heading northeast on U.S. 24-40 on a curve to the east of 243rd Street when he lost control of the vehicle because of a bald rear tire and sand on the road, a Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office report said. Clark lost control of the motorcycle, a 1998 Harley Davidson Road King, which went off the north side of the highway, flipped over and came to rest in the ditch.
Clark was taken by air ambulance to Kansas University Hospital; Reavis was taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service to KU Hospital.
A hospital official there said late Monday morning that he currently didn’t have record of the Tonganoxie residents being patients.
Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranor said he didn’t have information as to whether they were wearing helmets.
More like this story
- Hello to summer in Tonganoxie
- McLouth Happenings: Library calendar; July 4 festivities; pancake fundraiser; volleyball camp
- Linwood to celebrate 150 years with festival June 24
- Linwood to celebrate milestone with Saturday festival
- Tonganoxie residents gear up for fireworks; area communities offering displays